Saturday, March 12, 2016

Extruder Cold End

Lots of errors here:

The extruder motor on the Rostock Max hangs below the top plate, in order to keep the distance between the "cold end" (the extruder motor) and the "hot end" (the heated nozzle) to a minimum.


The bracket is installed correctly, but I put the motor in backward. :-/

Here's what it's supposed to look like:


The white "gear" is a jog wheel so I can adjust the filament position manually. The red lever disengages the tension on the stepper motor so I can hang the filament out quickly if I want to.

After the extruder was in place (but not oriented correctly - that came later) I went on to install the spool holder and top plate - also at the wrong orientation:



The cold end and the spool holder are supposed to line up, like this:


But I didn't get it fixed until after my first couple prints were completed.

In my defense, the printer kit is set up so it's easy to set up a second extruder and spool (and at least one guy has gotten three extruders and spool operating at the same time).

No comments:

Post a Comment