Monday, August 29, 2016

Chessbot Hero - White

I finally got around to doing the white version of the Chessbot Hero.

I am really disliking this white ABS filament. It's not sticking well (at all!) to the build plate, and I had to up the extrusion rate by 12% relative to the black ABS filament to get things looking half-way decent. Additionally, it seems relatively brittle. I spent several hours this weekend working on adjusting the printer to get a successful print.


I printed this one at its original scale, and it actually snapped together pretty well (one of the knights cracked in the process, unfortunately). This one can actually stand, unlike the black version, which I printed with a 1.5 scaling factor:


Original file here.
Nozzle: 220C
Bed: 100C
Chamber: 50C
Layer height: 0.2mm
Speed: 40mm/s
Time: 6 hours
Material: Hatchbox ABS

Unfortunately, the next print I attempted resulted in a jammed nozzle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment