Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Pencil Holder - Hexagons - 2x speed

I doubled the printing speed settings from 40mm/s to 80mm/s and re-sliced the model.

At the start, it was clearly operating at double speed, and on the second layer the Rostock started to stutter, like the three towers weren't in sync any more. I dialed the speed down to 75%, which seemed to eliminate the stuttering, then went back to 100% once the base was done.

However, the print still took 11 hours. I'm not sure what happened there.

Also, this print had some pretty bad curling on the base, presumably due to the (initial) high speed.

So, this has been an interesting experiment with printing faster, but I don't think I'll try 80mm/s again in the immediate future.



Original file here.

Nozzle: 230C
Bed: 100C
Chamber: 50C
Layer height: 0.2mm
Speed: 80mm/s (in theory)
Time: 11 hours (doesn't make any sense)
Material: Hatchbox ABS

No comments:

Post a Comment