Sunday, May 15, 2016

Printing Again - Spool Arm

I spent the majority of the weekend getting the printer running again. The first print with the external extruder was new spool arm, to hold the filament spool up away from the extruder.


It actually turned out really nice. It took up most of the width of the bed and had some long straight lines, but printed without curling. I'm quite pleased.

Since this is going to be load-bearing, I upped the infill to 40% (I've been printing most things at 30%), and printed with three shell perimeters, up from my standard two shell perimeters. It feels really solid. I think I might do three perimeters more often going forward.

Original File

Nozzle: 230C
Bed: 100C
Chamber: 50C
Layer height: 0.2mm
Speed: 40mm/s
Time: 11 hours
Material: Hatchbox ABS

No comments:

Post a Comment